January 22, 2013

Master Bedroom Makeover - Part 1

My master bedroom is almost complete and I am now head over heels in love with this room. I've always liked the size and layout of the room, but definitely not the paint colour or drapery panels from the previous owners.  And definitely not the fancy brass ceiling fan!
Move in day! A blank(ish) slate
We lived with the room as it was for over a year before doing anything.  I set-up our bed, hung a few photos and bought Ikea's Hemnes nightstands and dresser.  Having furniture was a major step up from the boxes & laundry baskets we'd been using as a dresser until then!

A mish-mash of everything, including a Snuggie at the foot of the bed.
Before Benson graduated to his own bed, he slept in a box beside our bed.

I knew was I wanted to use several different graphic fabrics in the room in and that was it. With no design or colour scheme in mind I couldn't decide between pale celery green or dark grey for the walls. In the end I decided I like a cozy bedroom so I went with the grey. Painting made a huge difference and instantly made the room feel much more "us".
Starting to look a little less dorm room
I was quite content once the room was painted. It wasn't fancy, but I was (and still am!) in *love* with the colour. And so our room sat for months (and months) before I did anything else. Until I found a fabric that I love as much (or more) than the paint colour...

No comments:

Post a Comment