June 20, 2012

I Love, Love, LOVE Hairpin Legs

I've been searching for a console table for almost 2 years. Something simple that a stool can slide under. Something I like. Something that doesn't cost a fortune. Not an easy feat, especially in Cranbrook!

With no luck I started looking at DIY ideas and found this:
Photo courtesy of superette. Visit the blog for DIY instructions.
It was love at first site (of the table and the dog!). This simple table is exactly what I had been searching for and I'm definitely going to make one. I've found 28" high hairpin legs on Hairpinlegs.com and Etsy but I prefer the less common 3 rod style so I think I'll order these:
3 rod hairpin legs from Hairpinlegs.com
While searching online for legs I came across a lot of beautiful furniture with hairpin legs. Furniture that's not cheap! Similar (ok, almost identical) console tables typically sell for about $400-$600. Maybe I need to go into the hairpin leg furniture business? Now I want to use hairpin legs for everything. A new kitchen table? A bench for the mudroom? A bedside table?
Dining Table
Bench
Bedside Table
The options are limitless, but one project at a time. So on to the console, or at least the ordering of the legs. I'll post pictures when it's done.

3 comments:

  1. How well do you feel the legs will stand up to something heavy being placed on it? Maybe the third bar will reinforce that, if it is vertical or equalizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To quote from hairpinlegs.com, "The legs are very strong! For example, a set of 4 8" legs can be used on a couch or bench that holds 3 or more adults."

      However with the taller 28" legs the 3rd rod is probably a good options for adding stability. Not that I plan to dance on the table or anything, but the Hamilton ladies can get a bit crazy so it's best to be prepared.

      Delete
  2. Awasome ! it's fantastic blog. really very good article for pets... Thanks
    replacement metal crate pans

    ReplyDelete